We offer regularly scheduled workshops to provide professional and leadership development opportunities, such as Business Planning Bootcamp, Creating Your Personal Brand, Leading in Times of Change, Powerful Presentations, and Developing Executive Presence.
Executive presence has long been acknowledged as a critical factor in leadership. However, its definition has often been mysterious and subject to diverse perspectives. As a result, leaders have received feedback on presence without a roadmap for action that connects clearly to business objectives. The default assumption is to equate presence with appearance and presentation skills. While these factors are important, they make up only a small piece of the “executive presence puzzle” that helps leaders sustain goal-directed action in an organization.
Participants in this workshop will experience The Bates Executive Presence Index,™ which takes executive presence to a deeper level. Through extensive research in leadership, communications, psychology, and social action theories and literature, executive presence has been clarified as a three-dimensional model of character, substance, and style. Within these dimensions are 15 distinct facets that are proven to make up a leader’s overall presence and level of influence.
In addition, participants will receive a comprehensive feedback report with data on ratings broken down by rater category and at the item-level. All participants receive professional support to review, interpret, and apply feedback reports. Individualized and group-based approaches to feedback are available based upon the indicated needs of sponsoring companies and individual participants.
Refresh, rewrite, and reignite your business plan using our 10-step business plan development process!
Whether you are a seasoned business owner or an entrepreneurial startup, this hands-on workshop will walk you through the steps to put action behind your vision. By participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate a compelling vision
- Develop a clearly defined mission statement
- Target ideal customers
- Package and price product offerings
- Evaluate business operations
- Create a 90-day Success Plan
Space is limited, so reserve your space today!
This two-day workshop prepares participants to overcome fears of public speaking, develop and deliver a world-class presentation using proven tools and techniques. By participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- conduct an audience profile
- develop a memorable message, targeted to the ideal audience
- design visual aids that support the message
- deliver a powerful presentation
- receive feedback and video recording of their presentation
- build confidence in their skills
- learn from other presenters
Attendance is limited to 12 participants to ensure adequate time and support for each presentation.
It is often said that the only constant is change. Whether by innovation, expansion, or transformation, leaders who understand how to lead their teams and organizations through change can ensure smoother transitions. By participating in this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand human response to uncertainty, change and transition
- Manage one’s own emotional responses to change
- Anticipate people’s needs in each phase of change
- Lead teams with understanding and compassion in times of change
Seeking a Career Transition? Our Career Jump Start Program is specially designed for recent college graduates starting a new career, and mid-career professionals seeking greater satisfaction or making a complete career shift.
This program includes a six-step process to successful career transitions, which guides participants toward achieving their successful career objectives. By following this process, participants will become intentional about their search, polish up a resume and cover letter, enhance social media presence, practice interviewing skills and create a successful transition plan, all in service to achieving that personal mission. Participants will add new skills to their Career Jump Start arsenal, including these:
- Crafting Compelling Cover Letters & Resumes
- Managing Your Social Media Presence
- Standing Apart from the Crowd
- Preparing for the Interview
- Creating a Transition Plan
- Living the Dream
Employee engagement is the key to competitive advantage. When a team is well-informed, highly engaged, and enjoys their work, this creates a powerful and positively contagious environment. As a result, customers will not only have a pleasant experience, but they are more likely to return to the business. This practice differentiates a business from its competitors.
By implementing a robust Talent Strategy, business leaders can expect to see higher quality recruitment, higher employee engagement & retention, and higher customer satisfaction, all of which increase the bottom line.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the business case for talent: why it matters
- Learn seven key elements to unlocking the power and potential talent of teams
- Evaluate current practices
- Develop a strategic action plan
For information about customized professional and leadership development programs, please contact us!